Monday, September 28, 2009

Shopping Day

Today was my grocery shopping day. I'm doing the Grocery Game and it has given me new energy to shop. I'm always a sucker for a bargain and the Grocery Game is making shopping so much more fun. I'm beginning to wonder though, how many boxes of cereal and mac n cheese do we really need? One of my best deals I got this week were those crazy AirWick automatic sprayers that I wrote about Friday night. The only problem is that I have one on my desk right above my computer. It sprays every 33 mins or something like that. The crazy thing sounds like a cat hissing and nearly gives me a heart attack everytime it  sprays. Then I sit an laugh at myself. I am such a scaredy cat. Anyway, it was fun to watch my total go WAY down as the cashier scanned in all my coupons. Now I have two of my neighbors giving me all their coupons too. Next week I should do great.

Other than that today has just been about trying to control the chaos. The kids just seemed to be extra loud and grumpy today. Then tonight Seth tried to ride the skateboard down the driveway, on his stomach, face first and yep...disaster. He hit a bump, flew forward and busted his lip. Poor little guy. He did get to eat a popsicle for dinner and then very willingly went on to bed. I think he was exhausted from all the drama of the day.

I just got the last of the kids through the shower and all is quiet...finally. I think I'm gonna get my shower, rummage around and find some chocolate, get in the bed and read my book, Love and Respect, by Emerson Eggerichs. Dave & I are taking this class at church and it's been great. Then maybe lights out by 10:00 pm. That would be great!!!

No comments: