Sunday, September 20, 2009

$75 Week Challenge

Okay, we have 8 children, so I'm not so sure about $75 a week and if I understand correctly, Mary's challenge was for a family of four (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I have just recently begun The Grocery Game and it has helped tremendously. It actually energizes me to get out all my coupons and see what kind of deals I can find. Right now I've been spending about $125 a week, but would love to see that come down as well. The temptation is to spend money on "goodies" bought with coupons that are not really necessary. I love to cook from scratch, but it is nice to reach in the freezer once in a while for a quick frozen pack of chicken nuggets or corn dogs. I guess balance is the key.

3 comments:

Owlhaven said...

One of my kids is going thru fish stick withdrawal this month! I don't buy them often but they are her FAVE!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've been following Mary's blog for awhile--pure inspiration! Mary has 10 children, 8 of whom still live at home, I believe. I stand in awe of both her parenting skills and her grocery shopping prowess....

Melanie

Jennie said...

You can do it!! We did $60 a week almost all of last year. It was actually a fun challenge. It is quite tempting to buy stuff just b/c I have a coupon. I'm growing out of that, slowly but surely. Do you read moneysavingmom.com? That's one of my favorites. It's amazing how God provides when you set off on that journey!